Saturday, September 20, 2008

Birthday and Funeral

19-09-2008

It has been such a great day that Friday. I was greeted with many well-wishers and messages flooded my cellphone with none other than greetings of Happy Birthday to me. Thanks guys i really appreciate it all. *feeling touched*

On that day, my sis decided to take me out to have lunch in the OBAKE-Restaurant in which many knew it as jailhouse restaurant. We wanted to get a place in the VIP cell room but couldnt and i placed the responsible and blame solely on Kevin that didnt managed to make it with us. Well, the one that actually made it was Joel. Haha we had a great lunch, and i made a Mistake by introducing Joel to my sis. *sigh* they are both taking the same course, Commerce, and started to gang up on me,the Engineer. Well i didnt mind much because i was having too much fun in both the environment and the food.

* i will upload the pics we took outside the restaurant, we are not allowed to take pics in the restaurant. awwww*

Then i laze around the house and taking a rest from lunch and started to do random things. Haha so i wont go into detail in that. It will bored u readers to death.

So dinner arrived and we had it in The Sire. It is a museum restaurant and really it is a museum. There are like 5 floors of antics and wow i was amazed because the concept of the restaurant was indeed creative and fascinating, well at least to me. I order roasted loin something *its actually australian beef* and my, does it taste great. It was probably the best roasted lamb i had so far. The environment was very cozy and soothing and it really the total opposite of the OBAKE restaurant i had earlier for lunch. Haha.

Then, i found out about the passing of my sayang-nephew's grandpa, Mr Teoh, the ex-president of the Wesley Church. So i decided to attend the funeral but mothers will always be mothers, my mum tried to prevent me from going because it was afterall my big day and I should not attend such functions on my big day. But i didnt care what day it may be because i believe that everyone should know how to prioritize on what matters and what doesnt. I may have many birthdays to come but the funeral is only once.It is either i attend it or regret for my whole life for missing out on such an important occasion. I knew that i had to be there for my young nephew and niece and their family regardless of what our religion may be. So i went to Wesley Church to attend the service and i think my mum was proud of my decision afterward.

We had services and sang songs of God in the memory of Mr Teoh. And this funeral really got my all emotional because i know the feeling of losing a father (my dad died when i was 12) and so i knew how hard my uncle was taking this. Nearly cried , i wouldnt deny that , but me being me, i just managed to control myself and stay strong. Afterall this is just a ceremony of Mr Teoh going to a place far better beyond this place. So we should be happy and try our very best to grief less(That is just my personal opinion).

So i went back home nearly 11 and i felt that i would not forget this particular birthday because it has been quite an unusual one.

*note: sry if this post doesnt seem connected , i am very sleepy right now and am just writing the best i could*

5 comments:

Winni3 said...

i'm sorry *real sob*

sze-fan said...

argh. pig will always be pig. eat so much and din bring me =( lol

anyway, it's good u noe how to set ur priorities rite. =)

Mike.L. said...

winnie, there is nothing to be sorry about, i mean i heard that he isnt doing too well already and i think it was just his time. someone from the TOP wants him already and i doubt he could refuse HIS request.

sze-fan, haha when u come back i will bring u there to makan lor, fatten u up so that i can roast u nex.. opps said too much haha.and thanks on the priorities thingy.

PiGgY PiNg said...

happy belated birthday
remember to CLICK

Winni3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.